Love the site?

Don't forget to BOOKMARK us...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Perfume:Story of Murderer


the original cover

I am a book lover and really loves to read from suspense, to dark novel or anything that interest me.
Just as of this moment I'm done watching Perfume: The Story of a murderer. My friend gave me as a Christmas presents. He bought this movie because he remember the book. Enclosed is some note: Now I know why You love the novel of Perfume. Hope you love my gift.....
The story behind the book and my friend, way back year 2000, out of curiousity, I look this book in any of the bookstore or thriftshop , because I heard that this was Kurt Cobains favorite novel and even composed a song for this. I was reading the back cover and few pages and I got satisfied. So I decided to buy the book. Whenever I have books in my hand I want to finish it as fast as I can and fully understand the characters of the book. Reading the Perfume , I feel like Im inside of the novel and my imagination working full time. When Im in 33th or more pages I heard my friends calling me to go out and have the usual weekend drinking session. Okay to make the story short....... I joined the drinking session with 8 of my buddy, they're joking around, I heard them laughing, making fun, changing stories... except me... I dont laugh because my attention is in the book. Danny get annoyed at me and ripped the book in half.. I was furious and throw him the drinking glass to his face.. and we have this fight...Dan yell at me because he felt insulted because I'm physically there but my attention is not with them. They even accused me of cheating my turn by spilling or throwing the beer in the glass because they noticed , that time I'm not even drunk. Yes I'm not, but Im tipsy and yet I am fully aware of what I'm reading and whats happening in my surrounding. As I'm explaining myself Danny stood up and spill a beer on the ripped book. Some friend apologized to me and just forget it since we are drunk, but seeing my treasure get ruined, it makes the bitch inside meto be released... I smile and I hold the book firmly and slapped it to his face as strong as I can and start kicking his stomach.
Weeks had passed , I keep ignoring Danny but when we are together with our friends I treated him as he doesn't exist. After 2 months Danny bought the same book and gave it to me and appologized to me. And we remain good friends despite world aparts.
Remembering the old days.. Its really foolish... Now I guess Danny never forget it at all.

When I opened the box I am really suprised on whats inside... and never thought that the film is really existing, it was released Germany in September 2006 and in the U.S. in December 2006. When i read the novel I wished that they will adapt it in film but the thought of how they will ever show the visual of this film since most of the story is about sense of smells and scents. How they will be able to bring the right emotion of thousands of people that drowned in the perfect scent made my Jean-Baptiste Grenouille.


The film is not the usual ...that whenever there's a serial killer ...there's blood.. or gory scene...This is one of the best adaptation, amazing film. The love, the suspense, the story.. It surpassed my expectation to this film . The Director is Amazing and Great actors..
Here in my world you will have the chance to see one of the highlights of the film...

In the Clip below you will see the scene where Jean-Baptiste Grenouille has been captured and standing in the plaza. The crowd is waiting for him to be executed and eager to see a death of a serialkiller. When its time for his execution, he applies a drop of the perfume to himself. The executioner, the priest (the bald old guy in the scene) and, the crowd in attendance are overwhelmed by the scent and beauty of the perfume that he made. Everyone declare that Grenouille is innocent and they fall deeply on the scent and begin a massive orgy. Walking out of Grasse unscathed, Grenouille has enough perfume to rule the world, but has discovered that it will not allow him to love or be loved like a normal person. He realized it, when he smell a familiar scent.. the yellow fruit in the scene , where he reminds the lady he accidentally killed..He then discover what he really looking for.. A scent of love...

Click to Watch the video... NSFW

And speaking of actor.....When I saw the lead actor who portrayed Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, I got curious and amazed. you will love his character and hate it also...he is the exact Jean-Baptiste in my mind and he portrayed the character very well. Who is this Ben Whishaw? And I google him.... thats a next story.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails